2019-2020 PTA's National Reflections Entry Information
The 2019-2020 Reflections Theme: "Look Within"
All UP students are invited to participate in the National PTA’s Reflections arts program.
Submissions are due on Thursday, October 10, between 7:50 and 8:15 am in the QUAD.
Contact UP’s Reflections Chair, Hannah Campbell: email@example.com
1. Choose Your Category:
Students should create original art around this year’s theme, “Look Within.” All work must be the student’s own. Students may submit entries in as many arts categories as they like, including:
• Film production
• Music composition
• Visual arts
2. Choose Your Grade Division:
Grade Divisions — Students may enter in the appropriate division for their grade:
• Primary: Preschool-Grade 2
• Intermediate: Grades 3-5
• Middle School: Grades 6
• Special Artist: All grades welcome
This year a new division of the Reflections program was introduced – the Special Artist Division. This is a non-graded division limited to students whose physical, cognitive or mental health challenges meet the guidelines in the American Disabilities Act.
Qualifying students create their own artwork. But, they may receive non-artistic accommodation and assistance from an adult.
Students who qualify for the Special Artist Division may choose to enter in the traditional four grade divisions.
If this is the case, students will follow all general and arts category rules, but may submit an entry in the grade division most closely aligned to their cognitive or functional abilities. The student is then recognized and awarded as part of the general student population without regard to special needs or challenges.
3. Complete the Entry Form. Make sure to fully complete the form and list the student’s proper grade division category.
4. If a student's voice or likeness is reproduced in their work, students must Complete the Consent Form.
5. Label Your Entry: Label the back of the entry and/or CD/flash drive using the format below:
6. Review All Guidelines Below:
• Music Composition, Dance Choreography and Film Production: TWO flash drives/DVDs must be submitted. Please place drives with entry form in a 9"x12" manila envelope with student's name, unit & council on the outside.
• Literature: please place entry form in a clear sheet protector; include 2 copies and entry form.
• Visual Arts: please attach entry form to the back of the artwork.
• Photography: Please place photograph with entry form in a manila envelope with student's name, unit & council on the outside. Accepted print formats: Mounted on mat or poster board no larger than 11x14 inches. Framed prints are not accepted.
Chromebooks, Assemblies, Family Fun Fest, School Improvements...
Our fundraising efforts channel money directly to University Park Elementary School for programs that support excellence in education for ALL of our students.
We are a group of parent volunteers who have committed our time, talents and resources to support, enhance, improve and enrich our children's education.